Thursday, February 11, 2016

Watercolor Valentine



Papertrey Ink has an incredible 10 days of celebration for their 9th anniversary! Work has interfered with my participation, but I had to
get at least one card made for their Create Along With Us challenge. (edited to add: Oops!  Collection was already closed - insert sad face here). We were to select a team member's creation from this month's release that inspired us.  That was no small feat, but one of my faves was Amy Sheffer's color palette and design on her post hereI watercolored the background using Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron distress inks.  I'm also playing along with The Card Concept challenge #48 where I would guess my style is clean and layered.  Here's what I used...

STAMPS: Bitty Bouquets (PTI).
PAPER: Hawaiian Shores (PTI), Ranger watercolor CS.
INK: Melon Mambo (SU), Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers (TH distress ink). 
DIES: Bitty Bouquets (PTI), Wet Paint (PTI), Sketch Heart (Simon Says Stamp). 

Thanks for stopping by... 

6 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Wanda! Love that fabulous watercolored background.

~amy~ said...

This is awesome! I love your watercoloring!

Petra Swart said...

Your watercoloured bg is beautiful, Wanda and I love the cute little flowers and the heart!!!! The glitter sentiment looks great!!!!! A lovely card!!!!
Hugz

Helen Gullett said...

Beautiful! Love the watercolor background and that diecut heart :)

Julie Gearinger said...

Very pretty!! Love the watercolor wash background along with the dies and other elements- thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Lilian said...

Beautiful card! Love the watercoloring!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio