Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Color Throwdown


Hello everyone...it's time for a new Color Throwdown challenge! Isn't this fun boot such a great color inspiration? Thanks to Lori who is our hostess with the mostest this week!

I knew I wanted to use stripes somewhere on my card and I already had this panel stamped from the day my MISTI arrived in the mail.  It was my first attempt at using a large background stamp and sure enough...the first time I stamped it, there wasn't complete ink coverage.  No problem with the MISTI!  I just re-inked it and re-stamped...perfect results! 

   
I'm also playing along with the CAS(E) This Sketch! challenge where Chrissy Larson has this fun layout.  I thought I needed a little twinkle in my stars, so added a neutral silver glitter in addition to the red and turquoise.  

We're happy to announce a new guest designer for the month of March: Holly Brown of Glitter, Stamps and Ink!  Welcome, Holly!

Congratulations also go out to our guest star stamper this week - Kevin McDonald of McCrafty's Cards!

If you want more details on how to play along, visit the Color Throwdown blog (rules are in the sidebar).  And...if you want some more inspiration, click on the design team blog links below:


Holly Brown - March Guest Designer


STAMPS: Diagonal Stripes BG by MFT, Label Love by Altenew.
PAPER: Kraft, Real Red, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Silver glitter, White (PTI).
INK: Nautical Navy (WPlus9).
ACCESSORIES: Stitched stars, rectangles and Word die by Lil Inker Designs.

8 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What a fun sentiment, Wanda, and I just love all the stars!!! I need that sentiment die for my grandkids cards...that's their favorite word...LOL!!!

Susi said...

Great card with a bit of a masculine touch (the colours) - fun LO and the silver glitter stars add the perfect touch!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, Wanda! LOVE how you used that sketch, too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a wonderful card Wanda. Love the stars in different colors and the label greeting... the touch of silver is perfect.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I want a pair of those stripey boots! LOL!
Your card is fantastic! Great take on the sketch! I love the stars!

Holly said...

Seriously - this card ROCKS! LOVE the stars, love the sentiment, love the diagonal striped background!!

Lori said...

This is fabulous! Love how you used the striped element from the boots on your card. All of these MISTI posts are making me think I just may need one . . .

Barbara said...

Seriously cute CAS card, Wanda!