Saturday, October 11, 2014

Just Us Girls

Hi, everyone! I'm back again as this month's guest designer for the Just Us Girls challenge and this
week it's trend week.  Ombre is something that is becoming increasingly popular in the papercrafting world and it's a look that can be achieved in so many different ways.  It's a French term meaning "shaded" with colors graduating from light to dark.


I created the ombre effect by watercoloring on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel of Ranger distress watercolor cardstock and applied about 5 different warm shades of yellow, gold, orange, rust and a barn red using Pelikan watercolor paints.  I then used the Arboscello Tree die by Memory Box to die cut my tree.  The stitched squares were cut from scraps in my massive scrap pile (Tip: This is a great design to use up those odds and ends that many of us save!).  The tiny metal leaf is actually a brad (I cut off the prongs and attached it with a glue dot).   The sentiment is a Wet Paint die by Papertrey Ink.  

Appreciate the warm welcome last week and hope to see you joining us for the super fun trend week!

11 comments:

Petra Swart said...

This is beautiful, Wanda!! Love your tree and the corrugated cardboard bg is perfect for this card!!! The little leaf is so cute!!! Lovely card!!

AnitaR said...

Love what you've done with this card! That's a great die cut tree, too.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the color blocking with the technique! Awesome Fall card too~

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda!!

Becca Cruger said...

Great use of die cuts! This card just brings the warmth of fall to mind.

Ina G said...

Fabulous cas card Wanda. Love the effect you got with the stitching and the corrugated cardboard is a great background.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wanda this is fabulous! I love everything about it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Wanda, this is beautiful! Love the design with the blocks of color, but I really love that tree!

sue t. said...

Your card feels like a warm hug on a cool autumn evening! Great job!

Nancy said...

Sorry I am so late on commenting...it usually takes me a couple days behind everyone else...LOVE your card and I think I should say it again...LOVE your card! Great job...love how you inspire me!!! Great job Wanda!!!

Chris Dring said...

Wanda, your card is gorgeous! Love the Autumn colors you used! You are so right in that being a great design to use up scraps! Well done!